Hey guys! Ringing in (read: reviving) this blog with some giveaway doodles!
Out of everyone who reblogs this post between March 9 - 14, a randomized 100 winners will get a bishoujo based on their blorgh! Your pretty gal will look as above; followers get a matching cheeb.
I’ve got 3 months off school and a burning desire to draw sparkly-eyed ladies. Let’s do this thing!
hay guys haaaay
- Intergenerational Relationships/Interactions: I’ve observed and experienced a lot of older queer folks attempting to fuck a younger member of the community under the guise of mentorship. It’s fucking abusive and disgusting, and I think we need to work, as a community, to hold those people accountable.
- The lack of healthy queer relationship resources. We have no examples of healthy queer relationships, and I think that a lot of queer couples regurgitate the heteropatriarchy because that’s what we’re fed - and it’s not us. I think trying to navigate the manifestations of heteropatriarchy in queer relationships is so daunting that we never have community conversations about it and drag it into the light for everyone to confront - leaving queer survivors of intimate partner violence to go at it alone. For queer abusers, I think there’s a huge potential for re-education about healthy relationship ways and we should find some ways to do that.
- Intra-POC bullshit. The anti-blackness, the appropriation of black culture by non-black queers, the appropriation of various brown cultures by non-indentifed folks, light skinned folks not taking into account the fucking space we take up, the invalidation of immigrant queers. It’s the small end of the wedge that is just going to grow unless we sit down and address this shit together. I want to say “people of color” and not have any shitty feelings about how that term doesn’t even remotely approach the divisions between our separate communities.
- Masculine-of-center queers who are held up as the face of the queer community. /gag. WHY IS FEMME PRESENTATION ONLY REVOLUTIONARY WHEN MASC FOLKS DECIDE THEY WANT TO PUT ON LIPSTICK AND SOME GLITTER FOR THE NIGHT AND LIKE A TUTU OR SOME SHIT. TELL ME WHY. I do this shit every day, but it’s considered decidedly not-queer because I’m femme presenting most days. Unless I’m with a masc person, my femme presentation renders me invisible in queer community. Arm candy for queer masc person = visibility. My queerness is contingent upon masc folks I surround myself with and THIS IS LITERALLY NEVER OKAY
all of this!!!
reads fanfic that’s great in the first few paragraphs
then a character says something ooc
Pam Oliver, a professor in the UW-Madison sociology department, explaining the historical roots of racism in the United States to her undergraduate students (mostly middle-class and White). I try to use this when I teach race now, too, to get past the defensive “but why are you BLAMING ME” reaction. (via cabell)
THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.
To all the white people who say that they shouldn’t have responsibility in racism because they’re ancestors and not them who participated in slavery, think about this!
none pizza with left beef
It should be a rule of Tumblr to always reblog none pizza with left beef
ive missed you
Hairdresser: do you like it?
Me: yes thank you
*goes home and cries*
Things I don’t wanna mothafuckin talk about:
- My mothafuckin acne
- How mothafuckin tired I look
- My mothafuckin future
- My mothafuckin eating habits
Things I DO wanna mothafuckin talk about:
- This mothafuckin SMILIN PIGGY IN A BLANKET:
LOOK AT HOW CUTE THAT LIL FUCKER IS. THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MOTHAFUCKIN MADE OF.
when men dress up as women or white people wear hijabs or darken their skin in order to “see how hard it is,” they’re simply admitting that they believe those members of those groups are untrustworthy to the point that they can’t honestly relay the reality of their own experiences.
Ooc: Why not go indie? I’ve given up on group rp’s. Also, now I want to make my Inuyasha oc…
nOT GONNA LIE I’m horrendously picky and when i try to cherry pick with indies i give up before finding the gems
i tried to indie before didn’t work for me
i THINK I FOUND A GROUP… BUT THE ACTIVITY SEEMS PRETTY DARN DEMANDING
THREE DAYS… HM… BUT BUT I NEED TO RP
BUT BUT I WANNA BUILD MY OWN CHARACTER—